The Oasis Magazine is an art and literary magazine edited by Angelo State University students that showcases the creativity of students at ASU. We want to give students a platform to express their creativity while positively promoting the humanities and ASU.
Check us out on facebook:
Our latest edition will be released in the spring.
This is our 2014 Oasis Editorial Staff:
Kim Garza – Art Editor
Jennifer Frias – Literary Editor
Valerie DelaRosa — Layout and Design Editor
Rachel Riggs – General Editor
Submission guidelines are as follows:
-photography, painting, sculpture, drawing, collage, digital prints
digital photographs and files of artwork in 300 dpi jpeg files only
-poetry, creative non-fiction, short fiction, critical essay, drama.
3000 word maximum
Electronic Submissions Only:
- Send your submissions by March 27, 2014 via email attachment to
- You may submit no more than five pieces in each category.
- Do not put your name on the attached submissions. Include your name in the body of the e-mail with your bio (see below).
- Subject line of email should read: “OASIS Magazine Art/Literary Submission”
*In the email body, include
1. your name (as you wish to see it printed in the journal)
2. your mailing address (school and home, if different), telephone number, email address
3. the title and genre of ALL submissions
– for literary submissions, please indicate title, genre, and number of pages [title/(poetry, creative non-fiction, short fiction, critical essay, or drama)#)].
– for art submissions, please indicate title and media [title/ (photograph, painting, drawing, collage, or digital print)].
4. a brief biography or artist’s statement
5. include the name of any campus sponsored organizations or honors societies that you are in (Kappa Pi, Sigma Tau Delta, NCTE etc….).